06 July 2006

nato, chinatown and the brooklyn bridge

nato is here visiting! he met me at the amnh and we took the subway to chinatown. we went into this one restaurant, but walked out again due to the lack of menu in english and confused looks when he said, "pork?" then we walked around in circles for awhile until we found somewhere to eat, took some pictures and decided we were going to head toward battery park. during our short stay in chinatown, we saw this guy (above). he was selling sheets of hello kitty stickers for a dollar. i know that you may not find this as entertaining as i do (or nato), but let met tell you, this guy made the trip to chinatown totally worth it... he had a really thick ny accent and a cane and in a super deadpan tone, he was saying, "kitty--hello kitty--hello kitty stickers, a dollar. hello kitty stickers, a dollar. you can stick them on your refrigerator, your backpack, your toy box.....only a dollar."

2 comments:

Kali Kurtz said...

Anna, I really think its time for another post...

Anonymous said...

I second that request, girl I do not know.